As we were planning how we can get more out of our traveling, we started looking into credit cards that offer GREAT rewards.
Alex has the FlexPerks card, which he has been happy with, but I didn’t have a travel credit card. We quickly found that there was one travel card that had really great benefits – the Chase Sapphire Reserve. To top it off, you could get 100,000 points buy opening up a card (100,000 points is equivalent to $1,500 when redeemed for travel on the Ultimate Rewards site). We immediately knew that this was a must. The trick? You have to apply at a Chase Branch. The closest branch was 220 miles away. So, we made a day of it, loaded the dogs up with us and set out to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card in hopes of getting 200,000 points for travel! It made for an adventure in itself!
We just received our cards and are already loving the benefits. Here are just some of the many benefits of the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card:
- 100,000 point bonus if sign up in branch (50,000 if online) after you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months
- Redeem points for 1.5% value on Chase Ultimate Rewards Site
- 3x points on travel and dining spending
- 1x points on all other spending
- TSA Precheck ($80) or Global Entry ($100) Refund
- Priority Pass Airport Lounge Access
- National Emerald Club Level Membership
- Although the annual fee is $450, you get $300 back on travel funds
Apply for yours here.